It’s been a while since I’ve posted. To be honest, I have been having trouble being inspired in the kitchen. Without any food worthy to share with you all, I felt like I might be diving into livejournal circa 2001 territory if I just posted about what is going on in my life. However, I am back! And, I come bearing a recipe! The best part is that I actually have a few in my arsenal queued up and ready to share with you all. Yay for “Productive Kate” (she pops her head up every once in a while)!
So, Cliffs Notes version of my life since my last post:
- I placed 4th in March Madness at Iron Tribe Nola. I set some PRs and hung-in there against the competition. Despite not winning, I am the only lady who can claim the title of Back-to-Back March Madness Finalist. Maybe I should get business cards made with that as my Position Title…
- I went to the beach with friends for a volleyball tournament. It was super fun and very humbling. I didn’t actually compete, but I did watch some studs show that sand who’s boss.
- I hurt my lower back and am currently receiving treatment. I’ve already seen some progress, but it’s killing me that I can’t work out at my normal level. I’m hoping to be ready in time for Tribal Wars in about a month.
- I’m competing in Tribal Wars again! For those who are unfamiliar with the event, it is the event of the year for Iron Tribe athletes. It’s a team competition with teams comprising of 4 members each. We compete in different skill divisions in a series of workouts over the course of a few hours.
- I’m going to Paleo f(x) next week!! It will be a fun and educational weekend covering all things Paleo. I’m super excited and I plan on sharing some of my new-found knowledge with all of you, so stay tuned!
On a somewhat related note, I know I talk about Iron Tribe Fitness on here a lot and some of you may have no clue what I am rambling on about. Well, I just found out they are giving out free one week passes! In case you are interested in trying them out, here’s the link: 1 Free Week at Iron Tribe. (Disclaimer: I do not receive any sort of referral incentive if you sign up for the pass; I just really love my gym)