In June, I joined Iron Tribe Fitness. I was nervous to start what was sure to lead to a dramatic change in my lifestyle. I haven’t regretted it one bit! No Workout of the Day (or WOD as they’re called) has been the same, and even the “easy” ones aren’t easy. Each day I feel myself growing stronger and fitter. I know I will reach my goal to have “lady guns” even Jennifer Aniston would envy!
When I first began following the Paleo diet, I was unsure if I would be able to stick with a diet that ruled out my beloved bread. However, I’ve found that I enjoy coming up with ways to alter recipes to make them Paleo and delicious. That said, I do still indulge every now and then — I do live in New Orleans after all!
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I can relate almost any conversation back to a movie.
- I looooove good french fries (especially cooked in duck fat). My willpower and taste buds battle over this love on an almost daily basis.
- I am a diehard LSU football fan — Geaux Tigers!
- My day job is in accounting.
- I have a slight Fantasy Football addiction. I discovered last season that participating in four leagues was a bit much…
- Jason and I met in a tow lot while waiting for our cars to be released. It’s our own little meet-cute!
- Despite my thin frame, I have never been a cardio bunny. My numbers may not be big, but I’ll take weights any day.
- I love to window shop. However, I spend too long mulling over purchasing that I usually end up with whatever is the opposite of buyers remorse. Womp womp.
- I’m a planner. If I don’t have events on my schedule, it’s way too easy for me to park myself on the couch and binge watch Netflix all day.
- I like to listen to music in the kitchen I think reflects the food I’m cooking. I think it helps me cook better (hey, I have no proof that it doesn’t!).